Synchronicity syn·chro·nic·i·ty (sngkr-ns-t, sn-) n. pl. syn·chro·nic·i·ties
is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner. To count as synchronicity, the events should be unlikely to occur together by chance

Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Oh hai

So... Thought I'd start a blog. Late with the trends again, that's me. So far behind I'm bringing it back through the cycle 10 years down the line but let's not worry about that.

Shift happened.. Always has, always will, especially now. I won't bore you with my intense love for that play on words involving theories of collective consciousness and human evolution, nope, I'll keep it simple. 'Shifted' is an event I'm currently organising. Literally, currently. I only came up with the name and tagline last night along with a concept I feel is really going to whisk up your mundane thoughts of clubnights and their pigeon-holed attendees.

For a while I've wanted something different from my nights out. I'm a 'been there, done that, got the wristband to prove it' kind of girl when it comes to Drum'n'Bass & Dubstep events and whilst I still hold both genres close to my heart and ipod hand I've started to want to explore other musical wonders recently. Maybe that's a sign of growing up or maybe it's a sign of the new age of experimental eclectic music listeners?

It's apparent throughout the 'mainstream' charts, 'pop' music is filled with tons of audible goodies. Dance, Rock, 'Indie', R'n'B, Hippity Hop, Electro... etc etc on and on... Which shows the vast taste the youngsters of today are welcoming with open mittens, my 14 year old sisters wall is occupied by a 'MCR' (My Chemical Romance) poster yet she educates me on Miley Cyrus and Chipmunk.

So... Of course we will always need the die hard mono/duo genre nights, to keep the 'scenes' as strong as they are but through various chats and opinion offerings between me and my friends, I feel we need some mash up, house party style events going down, something and everything for everyone. Various genres under the same roof. Cheese clubs do it week in week out but I'm not talking diabolical 'mixing' of weak (no offence, Souljaboy) rinsed tunes from Kiss 100's 'played 3million times a day' playlist, I mean, each hour you're treated to a set which, in it's own right is worthy of a main slot in Fabric or Matter no matter what style is being served.

I'd be ignorant to say that this beautiful concept isn't already taking place at impressive nights such as Urban Nerds, those guys know how to throw a party but I'm adding a spin to it, I won't let the feline friend out of the bag yet but I want to help you recapture that flutterby feeling you used to experience on your excitable journey in to what you know is going to be a night to remember forever.

Over the coming weeks I'll be updating the progress on what will hopefully be an amazing, widely obtainable experience you'll want to miss Eastenders for.

Nikki X